Setting up your own business and working for yourself is a great way to earn some extra cash being a student without being tied down to shift work but finding a great idea can be quite tricky. In this post we are going to discuss some business ideas for students without investment and some side business for students.
Best Business Ideas for Students
How to come up with a business idea?
⦁ Do some research: what do people need or want? Think of an everyday obstacle – how can it be overcome?
⦁ If you could provide or invent something that would make life easier, better, fairer or cheaper.
⦁ What are you really good at or love doing? Perhaps start with that.
⦁ Do your research before starting a business. You must consider whether it will benefit you in long term or not.
List of Business Ideas for Students
While initially dismissed as a marketing fad, chat-bots have shown themselves to be incredibly valuable to the business of all kinds in various capacities:
- Building awareness and empathy
- Polling public sentiments
- Driving civic engagement
- Helping fight pollution
- Distribution accurate public health information
- Encouraging healthy living
- Offering people counselling
There are many chat-bots building platforms that allow you to build bots in a matter of minutes without the need for any coding knowledge.
Pretty much like blogging, if you have some skills which are in demand, you can teach them through online mediums to others. You can make lives of people better by gifting them with a skill and in return you can make a decent living out of it. Some business ideas for students who would like to teach online:
- Tutor college students
- Teach a language
- Teach someone how to do their taxes
- Create your YouTube channel to educate people on healthy living
- Become a sustainability consultant for start up
Buy second- hand textbooks at the end of term sell them on to new students at the start of the new term (simply supply and demands)
Cash in on your creativity by selling design, music and even recipes on sites like Fiverr and Gum road.
Start a magazine for a blog about your degree subjects and get other students, tutors and experts to contribute. You can make money from it by monetizing it with ads, and the plus point of this idea is that you can later on show off your website or blog as an experience in your CV.
Set yourself an unusual goal and blog or write a book about it just like a student, Ken iguanas who self – published a book about living in a van.
Hunt around in charity shops, and on sites like Gum-tree and Free-cycle, for stuff, you can up-cycle and sell on for a profit.
Running a Delivery service
Evenings and weekends could see you delivering McDonald’s/beer combos, while early mornings could be coffees, newspaper and train tickets.
Year Book Creation
You can make a yearbook for your university or high school and get local businesses to advertise themselves on it for a fee.
Whether it’s related to your current course or your dream career, offer your skills to people who need web design, illustration, writing or admin support, you’ll also get CV pimping experience to boot.
Similar to blogging, e-books allow you to teach others new skills through a digital book that ill cost reader a fraction of the price of a printed copy while offering them the same level of education.
E Books are free to start and be sold on huge platforms such as Amazon. You could even Donate copies to not – for- profit organization who believe in the tour cause.
Transport people and Goods
You just need a vehicle which fulfill the conditions and requirements of the Uber network and that’s the most major part of business idea complete for you. Just register your car and start making some decent money off of it. Don’t worry if you don’t have a car, there are many people hiring drivers for their cars on Uber. You might make less in the latter idea but something is better than nothing.
If you own a pickup truck or can rent one, then you can provide pick and drop services of items and fragile stuff to the dorms of the college student. This is a lucrative business if you got the time for it. You might need a license from local authority before starting such a business first though.
Provide Marketing Services
Digital marketing has become a successful and a very good business idea for students, who have some marketing skills. It’s a highly lucrative business and you can make a lot of money out of it but it does require your time and attention.
You can also outsource the projects you get and act as a middle person. This saves your time as a student which you can spend on studies.
These days the demanding of wedding photographer is getting out to be quite famous in Pakistan. It is simple to undertake as you just required to have some skills of being a perfect photographer.
You should have a digital video camera which is available in Pakistan for the cost of about Rs.50 to 95 thousand. In favor of the still photography and portraits, you should favor to getting a Nikon or Canon DSL. Cameras for the cost of about 25 thousand rupees to Rs 50 thousand rupees.
Mobile Garage Service
On the last we have the name of the mobile garage service> If you have enough know-how about the mobile repairing and service then starting with the mobile garage service business is deal.
This business idea is much in demand among the young boys who are ended with their education till matriculation level only.
Start a Tutoring Service
Start a tutoring service for school students struggling with the subjects you can teach and have good grip over.
You can also offer online courses and arrange webinars to reach more people and attract more students towards your services.
Unused parking Space
If you have an unused parking space outside your house, see if you can rent it out for some extra cash but always check with your landlord first.
Few more business ideas for students to make money out of are as follows:
- Organize student event trip to other cities or to visit festivals get a good deal on a coach and double your money on the tickets.
- You can create the e newsletter of your high school campus and make offers to local businesses to advertise themselves on it in exchange of a small fee.
- Start an annual gift or card service where you can post out cards and presents to subscribers so they never forget important birthdays or anniversaries.
- Be a market research consultant and sell your services to local or national business who want to know what students think about their stuff.
- If there’s one thing we all seem to have to lurk in a spare bedroom, it’s unused home gym equipment and a pile of good intention. Buy or beg the kit at bargain rates to resell or re – offices or personal trainers
- Offer to collect or wait for deliveries for a fee (saving someone else the time or cast of rearranging a missed package.
- Create a portfolio website with the bands and musician can use to connect with local events or business.
- Sell a university essential welcome package stationary, kitchen kit, discount vouchers – that can be delivered to freshers’ rooms ahead of their first day
- You can start providing a subscription services where your clients can get a survival kit regarding their studies. You can further better your service by providing home delivery of the products. Candles with scent and energy drinks are high in demand during examination time.
These are some good business ideas to start at university but keep in mind that you must go about it with common sense.
⦁ Don’t do anything illegal
⦁ Don’t compromise anyone’s safety to make a buck
⦁ Don’t leave your studies on hold just to make some cash
⦁ Go through all the rules that your university might have set in place regarding starting up a business.
⦁ You’ll need to complete a self – assessment tax return each year
⦁ If you are selling your notes or essays, make sure to let everyone know with a notice that plagiarism is prohibited and will be fined if such a violation is found.
There are tons of business plan ideas list available online and many more for articles on business ideas for high school students. Ideas provided by everyone are great but the hard part is to make it work and that requires taking action to pursue and chase your goals with more fervor than your competitors.
If you have such a drive in yourself then you should take another look at the business ideas for students without investment, which are written above.